Friday, February 12, 2016

Is This Really a Blog? No se!

So going on a year ago, I started my little blog about moving to Cancun from Denver. I made one posting and then life got in the way... So, here I am, disappointed in myself for my lack of progress, but hopeful that as this year progresses I will have more to say and share on the topic of becoming an expat.

Since my last posting, my husband received his "Temporary Visa" which is a visa that lasts for 1 year and must be renewed each year. It is the first step in getting permanent residency, and it was the second time hubby had to go through the process after his first card was stolen when his man purse was stolen while he was in Playa del Carmen. It is a long story, but sufficed to say, we are not huge fans of Playa. It is a great shopping hub, but for us, that is about it. It is also where we catch the Cozumel ferry. It is definitely a tourist trap, and because he was behaving like a tourista while he was down there, he was more susceptible to thievery.

So, he now has his "green card" and has been deep in thought as to what he might enjoy as far as employment. He has received a few offers, and even worked for a time share company down in Playa, but was very discouraged by the dishonesty of the company for which he worked and quit after just a few weeks. The money was great, but not worth the feeling of being dishonest with people. So his search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment